Tuesday, November 9, 2010

From Gatsby to Daisy

Dear Daisy,

Oh where did my life go wrong my sweet Daisy. I may now have all the things that any man could dream of but all the money in the world means nothing without you in my life. You are the one thing that I'm missing from my life and and yet you are stuck in the arms of a man that does not love you and is not faithful to you. You deserve so much better; you deserve everything your heart could ever desire and I just wish that I could be the man to give that to you. No matter how much of a success I become it is all meaningless without you with me. When I finally met you the other day, the first time I saw you in 5 years, all those memories and emotions I had about you before just came rushing back. I want you with me Daisy. I want you to leave Tom, never look back, and live the life we should have had together. It's not like you ever truly loved Tom in the first place. You only married him because I wasn't there for you but I'm here for you now and the love I have for you is more than Tom will ever be able give you. It might be a little later than I wanted but we can still make up for lost time. I love you just as much as the day I met you and that love will never go away.

Yours forever,
Gatsby

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jay,

    I never thought that I would write to you again after my marriage. Let alone see you in person. Oh, how I wish we could be together again and be happy like in the past. But, life is not as simple as a story. I cannot just leave Tom for many reasons. However, love is not one of them. In the relationship that Tom and I share, there is no room for love. Rather, we live upon mutual agreement. Before we married, I thought Tom was the person who I needed but I was wrong. He cares about the chambermaids more than he cares about me. I am just a trophy to him to show off. Jay, I have never felt the love I felt with you with anyone else. So, how about we meet at your house for a cup of tea? We have lot to talk about, so much time has passed. My love for you never changed.

    Yours only,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete